About the East Haven Historical Society
To share and preserve the history of the Town of East Haven.
Accomplishments of the East Haven Historical Society
• Sponsorship of East Haven Historical Markers (Town Hall & town line, Rte 1).
• Contribution of $2,000 to the Old Stone Church steeple restoration fund.
• Replacement of impaired gravestone of The Rev. Jacob Hemingway, first minister of East Haven.
• Donation of 10,000 bookmarks to the Library on its 50th Anniversary celebration.
• Publication of "The Journal of a Gentleman Farmer, 1829–1832, W.K. Townsend, East Haven, CT."
• Opening of the society’s first office, 133 Main St.
• $2,500 contribution to the EH Green Restoration.
• Publication of book, "Streets of East Haven" by Doris Townsend.
• Film Library of old East Haven: Its people, places, and events.
• Survey of Old East Haven houses and the attaching of a plaque stating original date.
Background photo: Old Paper by FC Foley © 2008–2011.
Web Designs by Frances C. Foley & Noisemakers Productions.
Copyright © 2008–2011 East Haven Historical Society. All Rights Reserved.
Updated July 20, 2011.