Welcome to our government website. We hope you will use these resources to make your life easier and to keep informed about your town and government.
Joseph Maturo Jr.
Mayor of East Haven, CT.
TOWN HALL INFORMATION
• Town Hall Hours: Monday thru Friday 8:30A.M. – 4:30P.M.
• Mayor’s Office Hours: Monday thru Friday: 8:30A.M. – 4:30P.M. Residents are invited to call the Mayor’s Office to schedule an appointment with him.
• Mayor’s Office Phone:203–468–3204 and Government Phone Directory.
In an effort to provide a wider variety of communications to the residents a new Town of East Haven Twitter Feed has been established. Easily get important information from your government in times of disaster and when there is no power for computers. Follow EastHavenCT on all your devices.
• Get some safety tips from the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) before you go out this Halloween.
Energy Assistance Program
• The Town is accepting applications for the Renters’ Rebate Program starting October 1, 2014. Visit the Social Services Department page for details about both programs.
TOWN CLERK NEWS
NOW SEARCH EAST HAVEN LAND RECORDS ONLINE
• The East Haven Town Clerk’s Office is pleased to announce the availability online of land records indexed from 1977 to present, as well as scanned land records from 2005 to present. While searching the records is free, a $2.00 charge to view and or print a document applies. Visit the
Town Clerk Services web page for the link and further details.
LANDFILL HOURS – PASSES REQUIRED
• Starting Saturday March 1, 2014, the East Haven Landfill will be open both Fridays and Saturdays from 8:30am to 3:00pm. As always if using any type of pickup truck, dump truck, cargo van, or trailer, please visit the Town Clerk’s office with the vehicle registration to purchase a landfill pass. The Town Clerk’s office is open Monday thru Friday, 8:30am to 4:30pm. For more information, contact Public Services at 203–468–3329.
• EFFECTIVE APRIL 12, 2010: YOUR VEHICLE REGISTRATION & BUILDING PERMITS ARE REQUIRED TO PURCHASE A LANDFILL PASS.
Obtaining a Landfill Pass: Landfill passes are purchased at the Town Clerk’s Office (250 Main Street) daily during regular business hours. Purchase a landfill pass if using a pickup, box, dump, masonry truck, commercial plate cargo van, or trailer. For current Landfill Pass requirements and fee schedule please read this Landfill Pass Policy press release.
STILL DEALING WITH HURRICANE DAMAGE?
• The Town Engineer & the Public Services Department have information for the public on a wide variety of pre and post disaster information. They have information on properly preparing in advance for our next inevitable natural disaster. They have a wealth of information from FEMA and the State DEEP to advice you on preparedness. They can also answer any questions about the Flood insurance program. Contact the departments for more information.
GO GREEN & SAVE
REGISTER FOR CT SOLAR WORKSHOPS IN EAST HAVEN
• The Town of East Haven is promoting the CT Solar Challenge. This program makes installing a solar system simple and affordable for East Haven residents. The program is only for 6 months, but will have the lowest solar electric prices in the history of solar energy! Rebate programs are a partnership of the CT Energy Efficiency Fund, Clean Energy Finance & Investment Authority and your local electric and gas utility companies.
• CT Solar Challenge programs bring neighbors together to earn group discounts in a limited enrollment period. The program will launch September 23rd with a solar workshop at the Senior Center, 91 Taylor Ave. from 7 to 9pm. Space is limited, so register early online at www.ctsolarchallenge.com/east-haven/ there will be a second workshop on September 30th at the same time and place.
For more details read the 9/2/14 press release.
RECYCLE YOUR ELECTRONICS FOR FREE
• Your used electronics can now be recycled at the East Haven Landfill Fridays and Saturdays from 8:30am to 3pm. Bring televisions, computers, laptops, monitors, cell phones, printers, keyboards, mice, and other household electronics to be responsibly recycled. There is no fee to recycle residential electronics. Items not accepted under the residential electronics recycling program include smoke detectors, hazardous materials and liquids, and air conditioners. Read the press release for more information.
SINGLE STREAM RECYCLING
• Mayor Maturo reminds residents that the Town of East Haven continues to offer Residential Single Stream Recycling and has recently began to accept Electronic Waste at our Landfill. Information about what can be recycled is detailed in this document. Recycling is not only good for the environment but the Town saves $85 for every ton of waste that is recycled rather than put into our refuse. If we can increase our recycling significantly it will certainly help our taxpayers as we continue to help East Haven to remain an affordable community.
Get Information about United Illuminating’s Vegetation Program
• UI now has information on their vegetation management program in their website. Citizens should go to www.uinet.com and click the Protecting Your Service: UI’s Vegetation Program link on the left side of the page.
MOTOR VEHICLE RECYCLING FOR WISHES
• Do you have an old vehicle you would like to dispose of? At no cost to you, you can donate your vehicle to be either recycled or auctioned. Your tax–deductible, charitable donation helps wishes come true for kids. WHEELS FOR WISHES, a nonprofit that works with MAKE–A–WISH CONNECTICUT to turn old cars into wishes granted for local kids, will tow away old or broken down vehicles. To find out more, go to Connecticut.wheelsforwishes.org
or to donate the car to the Breast Cancer Research Foundation go to www.carstocurebreastcancer.org/connecticut/.
Prescription Discount Card Program Savings Residents Money
Mayor Joseph Maturo, Jr. is pleased to report that for the first 12 months of the Town’s Prescription Drug Discount Card Program, the number of participants continues to grow with an average dollar savings of 57% for a total dollar savings of over $ 87,000. Read the latest information about the success of this program in the
press release from July 2014. The card offers all uninsured and underinsured residents steep savings on prescription medicines and should have already been mailed to your home. View the PROACT CARD flyer for more information.
• Need a Prescription Discount Card? Additional cards are available at the Mayor’s office or visit www.CTRxDiscountCard.com, and select East Haven from the drop–down menu to print a card online.
UPCOMING EAST HAVEN EVENTS
• HELP STUFF A BUS for the EAST HAVEN FOOD PANTRY On three Wednesdays: 11/5, 11/12 and 11/19. From 10:45am to 1:00pm at the Village at Mariner’s Point in partnership with the East Haven Chamber.
• Santa’s Hotline December 8 – 23 from 6:00 to 8:00PM. Call and tell Santa your Christmas wish at 203–468–3265. Provided by the East Haven Recreation Department.
• TREE LIGHTING Watch for information about this yearly Thanksgiving weekend tradition to celebrate the begining of the holiday season.
EAST HAVEN POLICE DEPT WEBSITE
The East Haven Police Dept website has replaced the Police Department page in this government website. You will find forms, phone numbers, Police Commission minutes and much more on their new website. I suggest everyone visit and learn about the valuable resources available to the public then bookmark it in your Internet browser.
• To make a donation or voulunteer please contact Bob Petrucelli, Youth Service Bureau Coordinator, 203–468–3297, email email@example.com
• Visit the TEEN CENTER for information about the new strategic plan to combat underage drinking in East Haven.
DONATIONS NEEDED @ EAST HAVEN FOOD PANTRY
Donations of non–perishable food and monies (checks only) are encouraged. These donations can also be dropped off at Town Hall or the Hagaman Memorial Library during regular business hours. Volunteers are also needed, please contact Phyllis LaRoche at 203–469–1197.
East Haven Food Pantry at Christ and the Epiphany Church hours: Tuesday & Thursday 9:00a.m. – 11:00a.m. and Saturday 11:00a.m. – 1:00p.m.
• Reminder: Monetary donations have a purchasing power available to the Food Pantry of at least double the funds given.
Make your checks out to: East Haven Food Pantry.
Then mail your check to: East Haven Food Pantry 39 Park Place East Haven, CT 06512.
• Visit East Haven Food Pantry for more information.
EAST HAVEN eGOVERNMENT SERVICES
Save Time, Money & Gas By Using Your eGovernment
Easily view / print forms & documents from your home or office!
•TOWN OF EAST HAVEN ADA (Americans with Disabilities Act) MUNICIPAL NOTICE & GRIEVANCE PROCEDURES have been updated and are posted in the Administration & Management Office page.
• To file a complaint with East Haven Public Schools please contact
the Superintendent at 203–468–3261.
EAST HAVEN PHOTOS & INFORMATION
• VIEW FALL FESTIVAL PHOTOS. Links to all Fall Festival Photo Albums and other photos taken since 2008, when the new town website was created, can be found in the
MEDIA web page.
• View over 60 photo albums covering the people and events in East Haven, CT since 2008.
• FOR MORE INFORMATION ON LOCAL EVENTS DON’T FORGET TO CHECK THE TOWN BULLETIN BOARD.
Get information about local fairs, walks, fund raisers, golf tournmaments, support groups, soup kitchens, charitable groups, Rotary events, and other local events.
Senior Center Birthday Celebration Photos!
See our new Senior Center Monthly Birthdays Photo Album. It’s where you and your family can see pictures of the monthly birthday honorees starting with December 2011.